I’m glad to announce a pre-release of cairo-compmgr: 0.2.91
Cairo Composite Manager is a versatile and extensible composite manager which use cairo for rendering. Rendering can be done in 2D or 3D, using Xrender and Glitz backends. Plugins can be used to add some cool effects to your desktop.
Due of lack of time, It’s a long time I don’t push a new release and I didn’t answer at any comments, I apologize to all who post or send an email which I have not yet responded, I’ll to try answer very soon.
Well, many answers are in this pre-release, which include many news feature and fixes :
- first many performance improvement
- all dependencies of libgnome are removed
- perf plugin and it’s depencies to libgtop has became optionnal
- all settings are migrated to key files located in user dirs ($HOME/.config/cairo-compmgr), if you want use gconf you can force cairo-compmgr to use it with –use-gconf paramater when you launch it.
- a new snapshot plugin is added which provide to take a snapshot of screen region when you selected an area with mouse and <Super> (Windows) button pressed or take a snapshot of window when you click on it with <Super><Alt> pressed.
- a new decoration plugin which allow to have alpha window decoration.
- the region management has completly rewrite and now use pixman (>=0.12).
- the shadow has improved to manage better and take less ressource to draw shadow.
- the window transformation has be rewritten, it manage now a stack of transformation on paint.
- an experimental input redirection is available without any Xorg patch is available, it needs some work to be functionnal.
- an new settings dialog and API is available, it is really on beginning for now it only manage the plugin activation/desactivation.
- ccm support vala binding and it have a sample vala plugin (vala-window-plugin)
- a very experimental automate plugin which record/play user input is available too.
- API documentation is added and available here : http://cairo-compmgr.tuxfamily.org/reference/
- and some others fixes
You can get latest tarball here : http://download.tuxfamily.org/ccm/cairo-compmgr/
or the ubuntu intrepid packages here : http://cairo-compmgr.tuxfamily.org/download/binary-packages/
Have fun !